Facebook Twitter Youtube IT

1760 La Tenuta di Montechiaro

Le Origini

Montechiaro Estates is located 10 km from Siena. It lies on 160 Ha of land, 10 of which are vineyards surrounded by 2000 olive trees. All the farmhouses have been restored on the edge of a small 17th century village, centered around a family villa. These houses were renovated and furnished with special care to preserve the wooden beamed ceilings and tiled floors. The panoramic views are outstanding, particularly the view of Siena in the distance and the panoramic view of rolling hills with vineyards and olive groves.

The Montechiaro' s villa was built in XVII century by Bianchi Bandinelli' s family and later the Griccioli's family acquired it thanks to the motherly branch. The building has an imposing dimension: the front, which overlooks the big garden, is composed of two floors decorated with frames. In the middle of the front is located the main door, set within a semicircular arch. The building conserved the same appearance from the age of Romagnoli, who painted the villa with the garden and the adjacent grove. The estate also has a small neo-classical chapel. The front of the building is defined by a tympanum and columns.

Related Images

Top